Who loves team dinners? Who loves chicken fajitas? uhhhh EVERYONE!? We created this amazing and easy oven baked chicken fajita recipe that takes little time to prep & cook....that way you can focus on watching more NWSL instead of wasting time working over a hot stove. This recipe serves 6 soccer girls (8 regular humans) so double up everything if you have more teammates over.....
What you'll need:
1 pound boneless chicken breasts
3 large peppers (we did 1 red, yellow and green)
2 large sweet onion
1 or 2 cups of shredded cheese (depends on how naughty you're feeling)
1 package brown rice
1 or 2 packets of fajita seasoning
1 package of mushrooms
Corn (we bought a bag of frozen corn)
1 jalapeño pepper (drop it like it's HOT...on your fajita)
Tortilla chips or shells
Guacamole (this is not really optional.... just DO IT)
1) Preheat the oven to 400°
2) Chop up peppers, onions, chicken(mushrooms) & fajiata seasoning
3) Mix into (olive oil sprayed) glass tray
4) Put in the oven for 11 minutes then take out, mix again and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for another 11 minutes.
While this is baking...
5) Cook your brown rice (we did this on the stove.. only took 5 minutes) & microwave your corn
6) Let it cool for 5-10 minutes (We know how hard this is for you, don't eat it yet)
7) Squeeze fresh lime juice on top, add your sour cream, jalapeños and guac and BOOM you have the best team dinner you can imagine
SERVE yourself first because..... hey YOU cooked it!
Stay hungry our friends....