Arsenal's Arsene Wenger had a sports psychologist deliver these words in a confidential team briefing on the eve of their Premier League match in 2008. It's simplicity and brilliance contains wisdom that all teams should take advantage of...
A team is as strong as the relationships within it.
The driving force of a team is its member's ability to create and maintain excellent relationships within the team that can add an extra dimension and robustness to the team dynamic.
This attitude can be used by our team to focus on the gratitude and the vitally important benefits that the team brings to our own lives.
It can be used to strengthen and deepen the relationship within it and maximize the opportunities that await a strong and united team.
Our team becomes stronger by:
- Displaying a positive attitude on and off the pitch
- Everyone making the right decisions with the team in mind
- Have an unshakeable belief that we can achieve our target
- Believe in the strength of the team
- Always want more--always give more
- Focus on our communication
- Be demanding within yourself
- Be fresh and well prepared to win
- Focus on being mentally stronger and always keep going to the end
- When we play away from home, believe in our identity and play the football we love to play at home
- Stick together
- Stay grounded and humble as a player and as a person
- Show the desire to win in all that you do
- Enjoy and contribute to all that is special about being in a team--don't take it for granted